- Map unlisted slums along with listed slums as an advocacy strategy – mapping will provide a tool for linking services to the most under-served areas in an efficient manner
- Partnerships with local informal/ formal providers of health services, other NGOs and government services (work with other NGOs to avoid duplication, work with private providers for education/awareness/ behaviour change, diversification of services (men's clinic), work with govt services to increase vaccination rates and coverage by linking with private providers who occupy a position of trust amongst slum dwellers
- Local capacity building with training / behaviour change models and human resource support
- Awareness and education programs on health and health related issues using radio, sms technology, street theatre, Bollywood style dramatisation of social and health issues, waiting room posters and videos
- Empowerment of women in claiming entitlements and building social capital for access to better facilities (water, sanitation, waste disposal )
- Mobilise communities to invest in services that affect the common good – waste disposal, 'safai', clean water. Some areas have strong kisori groups /animators
- Raise awareness of upward mobility through education especially of girls
Community assets as hope for change
KMVS IN AN INTERMEDIARY ROLE
Sincere thanks to :
- Urban team
- Health team with special thanks to Narendra
- Rural health team
- Awesome staff at KMVS !!!
Bhuj Information Center is built thanks to Bhuj citizens contributions.
If you want to correct or add any information regarding the subject of this page :
Please Contact us!