During an earthquake...
Earthquakes can last just a few seconds or as long as several minutes, and knowing how to react during the quake can help prevent injuries:
- Immediately seek a safe location such as in a doorway (if you live in an old, adobe house that is not reinforced), beneath a table or desk, or along an interior wall away from windows or hazardous objects.
- Cover the back of your head and your eyes to minimize injury from flying debris.
- Do not take elevators during an earthquake.
- If cooking, turn off heating elements immediately.
- If outdoors, stay in open areas away from buildings, power lines, trees, and other potential hazards.
- If driving, stop quickly but safely and stay in the vehicle. Do not stop near power lines, bridges, overpasses, or other potentially dangerous locations.
- Stay calm and brace yourself to keep your balance, sitting if possible.
Source : Lovetoknow.com
Contributors and sources for this content
Bhuj Information Center is built thanks to Bhuj citizens contributions.
If you want to correct or add any information regarding the subject of this page :
Please Contact us!