After an earthquake
Quick thinking after an earthquake hits can minimize immediate dangers. Proper earthquake safety precautions after a tremor include the following:
- Be prepared for aftershocks, which may be stronger than the initial jolt.
- Tend injuries immediately and summon emergency assistance if necessary.
- Check for structural damage, but do not enter a building that shows damage or has visible cracks in the walls or foundation.
- Wear shoes at all times to avoid stepping on broken glass.
- Turn off gas, electricity, and water if damage is suspected or if advised to do so by authorities.
- Be cautious opening cabinets, cupboards, and closets in case items may be poised to fall.
- Keep phone lines clear for emergency use.
- Be patient : It may take hours or days to restore all services depending on the severity of the quake.
Source : Lovetoknow.com
Contributors and sources for this content
Bhuj Information Center is built thanks to Bhuj citizens contributions.
If you want to correct or add any information regarding the subject of this page :
Please Contact us!